The International Relations Office (IRO) participates in the implementation of Alexandria University’s policy concerning international cooperation.
Advance internationalization to achieve excellence in education, research and community service on the local, regional and international levels.
Include internationalization in all university aspects to enhance the international reputation of the university, which would attract students and faculty members from across the globe and further prepare our graduates to work in an intercultural society and a globalized world.
- Develop and support the internationalization strategy of the university.
- Develop and foster partnerships with world-class universities across the globe.
- Establish and enhance relations with regional and international funding agencies.
- Establish and sustain memberships in regional and international networks and organizations.
- Provide international mobility through student and faculty exchange programs.
- Promote the organization of international conferences.
The IRO is responsible for:
- Supporting activities related to initiating and coordinating international cooperation of Alexandria University with universities and research institutions at the university level;
- Preparing bilateral agreements on scientific cooperation realized at the university level;
- Providing support to Alexandria University units that want to make cooperation agreements on faculty and institute level;
- Organizing trainings and meetings for international relations officers from partner universities;
- Database of all the Alexandria University bilateral agreements with international universities and research institutions;
- Coordinating exchange within bilateral agreements at the university level and providing administrative-financial assistance to Alexandria University staff and students;
- Collaborating with Alexandria University units concerning rankings, internationalization and international cooperation;
- Collaborating with Alexandria University units concerning the realization of bilateral exchange of students/PhD candidates at the university level;
- Reporting on international co-operation.